Use your library card to check out California State Library Parks Pass
Thousand Oaks Library adult cardholders can check out a FREE California State Parks day-use vehicle pass to access our beautiful state parks!
Here's how it works:
1. Plan your adventure! California State Parks distributed two vehicle day-use passes to the Thousand Oaks & Newbury Park Library. Please check the catalog and see if a pass is available and place one on hold. This is a vehicle day-use pass valid at 200+ participating state park units. A list of ineligible parks is available at CheckOutCAStateParks.com. View the interactive map to explore eligible state parks throughout California.
2. Park for free. The California State Library Parks Pass is valid for entry of one passenger vehicle with capacity of nine people or less or one highway licensed motorcycle. It is not valid for any other fees, including camping or group use fees, special events, tours, additional vehicle fees, etc. It is not valid at national, county, city or any other parks. Pass does not guarantee a parking space.
3. Return pass to library. Please return the pass on time so other community members can explore the outdoors. If you finish your adventure before the due date, please consider returning the pass early so another adventure can begin!
By using this pass, you agree to abide by the full terms and conditions and any other rules and regulations. Find complete details and answers to frequently asked questions at CheckOutCAStateParks.com.
- Patron must be at least 18 years old.
- Place the pass on hold and pick it up at the library. You have seven (7) days to pick up the pass.
- Each pass can be checked out for seven (7) days with your library card and cannot be renewed.
- Return your pass by the due date for the next patron to check out.
- Take the California State Library Parks Pass Survey.
Take the California State Library Parks Pass Survey and have a chance to
Win a California Explorer Vehicle Day-Use Annual Pass!
Download Survery Flyer for more information!