Thanks to the support of the Emergency Connectivity Fund, the Thousand Oaks Library is able to provide a Wi-Fi Hotspot lending service to eligible households that have an unmet educational need. These Wi-Fi Hotspots offer free Internet access through cellular networks at 4G or LTE speed. Each hotspot can connect up to 15 Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
These devices are intended to support eligible patrons who do not have access to equipment that can sufficiently meet their educational needs. Parents or guardians can sign out the devices on behalf of their children.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older.
- Borrowers must certify at each checkout that their household has an unmet educational need.
- Borrowers may check out one (1) Wifi hotspot per account.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots can be checked out for four (4) weeks.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots are eligible for up to two (2) automatic renewals as long as there are no hold requests.
- Wi-Fi Hotspots will be deactivated 3 days after their due date.
- Do not tamper with the unit for any reason.
- Borrowers must adhere to the Thousand Oaks Library Internet Use Policy.
Download Wifi Hotspot T9 User Guide
Download Wifi Hotspot LINKZONE 2 User Guide
Fines and Liability
- The Hotspot Kit replacement cost is $80 plus a processing fee.
- The Hotspot Charger replacement cost is $9.
- The Hotspot Case replacement cost is $16.
- All components of the Hotsport kit must be returned to be considered fully checked-in.
- Hotspots MUST be returned to a Circulation Desk. DO NOT return the hotspots in a book drop.