Each month approximately 250 volunteers contribute their time and energy to various activities within the library. Assignments range from helping children with homework to assisting with adult computer classes.
Applying to Become a Library Volunteer
The Grant R. Brimhall Library and the Newbury Park Branch welcome adult and teen volunteers! Adults who wish to donate at least three hours per week to the library are encouraged to fill out the Volunteer Application Form online.
Typical volunteer duties include:
- Virtual Homework Helpers
- Virtual Reading Buddies
- Writing Buddies
- Sorting donated used books
- Preparing art projects for children’s story time programs
- Assisting with computer classes
- Cleaning books
- Alphabetizing donated fiction books on library shelves
- Helping with special events
- Posting used books online for sale (FTOL online store, Amazon, Alibris, eBay, etc)
- Assisting Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library with marketing, digital signage, and other tasks
- Helping in the genealogy section of the library
Teens must be 13 or older and are interested in the Teen Volunteer Program should complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Once you have completed the appropriate application form, click the "Submit" button. Applications will be processed by the Library's Volunteer Coordinator Judi Bumstead, and you will be contacted for an interview when a suitable position becomes available.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a library volunteer!
Watch Friends of the Library volunteer video