Borrow a Laptop Kit to access the Internet at home!
Thousand Oaks Library offers Laptop Kits to adults (18+) to check out for in-home use.
To help us improve, please fill out the
Each Laptop Kit contains
- One (1) Chromebook with a power cord and adapter
- One (1) WIFI Hotspot with a USB charging cable and power adapter
- One (1) canvas laptop bag
- One (1) wired mouse
- Complimentary earphones(available upon request)
- Getting Started Guide (available in English & Spanish)
How it Works:
Step 1: Review the Laptop Kit User Agreement.
Step 2: Check the catalog for availability, or place a hold on a laptop kit.
Step 3: Wait for the hold pick-up notice, and arrive at the pickup location with your library card.
Step 4: Sign the User Agreement at the Circulation Desk and check all items are present and in working condition.
All devices must be returned by the date due.
DO NOT RETURN MOBILE DEVICES IN A BOOK DROP
- Laptop Kits may only be checked out by an adult (18+)
- One Laptop Kit may be checked out per user at one time.
- Laptop Kit may be checked out for two (2) weeks. This loan period may be renewed.
- Users must adhere to the Library’s Internet Use Policy and all applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Four (4) days after the due date, the laptop will be locked, and the hotspot will be deactivated.
- Devices must be checked out and returned to the Circulation Desk during open library hours.
- Users are responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged devices for up to $911 plus a $3 processing fee:
a. Chromebook - $778
b. Mouse - $8
c. Hotspots - $80
d. Laptop case - $45
Getting Started Guide
- Chromebook Laptop Initial Setup and Mobile Hotspot Guide
- Managing Chromebook languages
- Find, Open and Save files to Google Drive or USB/removable drive
- Open and Edit Microsoft Office files on your Chromebook
- Converting Microsoft Word documents to Google Docs
- Use Zoom on Chromebook