Borrow a Laptop Kit to access the Internet at home!
Thousand Oaks Library is offering Laptop Kits to adults (18+) to check out for in-home use.
All devices must be returned by the date due.
DO NOT RETURN MOBILE DEVICES IN A BOOK DROP
Each Laptop Kit contains
- One (1) Chromebook with a power cord and adapter
- One (1) WIFI Hotspot with a USB charging cable and power adapter
- One (1) canvas laptop bag
- One (1) wired mouse
- Complimentary earphone (available upon request)
- Getting Started Guide (available in English & Spanish)
How it Works:
Step 1: Review the Laptop Kit User Agreement.
Step 2: Check the catalog for availability, or place a hold on a laptop kit.
Step 3: Wait for the hold pick up notice, arrive at the pick up location with your library card.
Step 4: Sign the User Agreement at the Circulation Desk and check all items are present and in working condition.
- Laptop Kits may only be checked out by an adult (18+)
- One Laptop Kit may be checked out per user at one time.
- Laptop Kit may be checked out for four (4) weeks with NO RENEWAL.
- Users must adhere to the Library’s Internet Use Policy, as well as all applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Four (4) days after the due date, the laptop will be locked and hotspot will be deactivated.
- Devices must be checked out at and returned to the Circulation Desk during open library hours.
- Users are responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged devices for up to $911 plus $3 processing fee:
a. Chromebook - $778
b. Mouse - $8
c. Hotspots - $80
d. Laptop case - $45
Getting Started Guide
- Chromebook Laptop Initial Setup and Mobile Hotspot Guide
- Managing Chromebook languages
- Find, Open and Save files to Google Drive or USB/removable drive
- Open and Edit Microsoft Office files on your Chromebook
- Converting Microsoft Word documents to Google Docs
- Use Zoom on Chromebook