Access My Library
Access My Library (AML) by Cengage Learning provides access to the Gale reference resources available at Thousand Oaks Library. Depending on library holdings, patrons can instant unlimited access to the eResources and eBooks. Simply find and save the Thousand Oaks Library in the app; then return anytime to quickly learn, research, or simply explore.
Download Access My Library apps:
Discover our favorite books and apps matched to your child's age and interests. Readers of all ages can register in seconds as individuals, a family, or classroom. Beanstack makes it easy for them to earn virtual badges, tickets for drawings, and real-world prizes by keeping track of their reading. Readers can also post book reviews and keep track of activities they complete along the way.
Download Beanstack apps:
iPhone - Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
iPod touch - Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
Mac - Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
Android phone - Requires Android 5.0 and up
Watch the video on How to log reading on the mobile app
Brainfuse Mobile is a powerful suite of academic tools and resources designed for HelpNow users. No matter where you are, you can use Brainfuse Mobile to submit questions to Brainfuse tutors, get writing lab assistance, take class notes, track your homework assignments, access your flashcards, and more! In addition, the HelpNow CloudTM syncs your notes and flashcards with all your devices.
- Live Tutoring: Connect with a live tutor to get homework help or just brush up on a skill.
- Writing Lab: Submit papers from your HelpNow CloudPack and get expert analysis from one of our writing tutors. You can also submit a snapshot of your writing using your camera.
- Class Notes: Take notes, organize them by subject, and even set reminders to study them later. Enhance your notes with photos of worksheets, handwritten notes, or any other helpful items. Share your notes with a Brainfuse tutor for more targeted tutoring, or share them with friends to enhance collaborative learning.
- Homework Tracker: Track homework assignments and organize them by subject, due date, or priority.
- 24/7 Homework Center: Get expert help from Brainfuse tutors through our secure message center.
- Flashcards: Study your FlashBulbTM flashcards or access thousands of flashcard sets from the Brainfuse flashcard library.
- Universal App: Brainfuse Mobile is designed to work on both phones and tablets.
Download Brainfuse apps:
Data Axle Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA)
Data Axle Reference Solutions is the premier business and consumer reference and research tool offering instant, real-time access to in-depth information on millions of U.S Businesses and Consumers.
Use the app to:
- Find new business opportunities.
- Research executives and companies.
- Track down addresses and phone numbers.
- Search for jobs.
Download Data Axle Reference Solutions app:
Flipster - Digital Magazines
Read eMagazines through a web browser, on tablets or smartphones. Most titles are unlimited access. Some titles will expire in 2 days (weekly titles) or 1 week (monthly titles). If you have not finished reading a magazine during its loan period, simply check out that magazine again.
Download Flipster app:
Stream and download music on your computer, tablet, or smart phone. All you need is your library card number. Freegal offers access to a collection of over 13 million songs from over 40,000 labels, including Sony Music's catalog of legendary artists.
Download Freegal Music app:
Freegal App Installation Guide
A NEW streaming video service offering more than 26,000 films. It includes award-winning documentary and feature films, with titles from PBS, BBC, Criterion Collection, Media Education Foundation, and more. You can access popular films and documentaries from any device,
To login to the app:
- Go to tolibrary.kanopystreaming.com and create an account by clicking on the orange Sign up button.
- Go to your email account to verify your email address.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
Start watching videos!
Download Kanopy app:
A Kanopy app is currently available for the TV devices below. Click on the links to find more information on how to access and use these.
Libby by Overdrive
Libby by Overdrive lets you download ebooks and audiobooks directly to your smartphone or tablet, without using a computer at all! Borrow best-sellers and read anytime, anywhere.
Libby is built by the team at OverDrive, in support of local libraries everywhere.
Get Libby by OverDrive app:
Acquire new skills, learn new business, creative, and tech skills with over 16,000 expert-led online video tutorials anytime, anywhere. For more information about LinkedIn Learning, go to Patron FAQ.
Library ID: tolibrary
- When opening the app for the first time, tap Sign in.
- Tap “Sign in with your library card”.
- Enter tolibrary and then tap Continue.
- Log in with a valid Thousand Oaks Library Card Number and Library Card PIN.
Download LinkedIn Learning app:
Mango Languages offers free, online language learning in languages that include Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), Arabic, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, Greek, Latin and more. Mango has English language courses for speakers of 19 different languages, including Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and Russian. *You will be prompted to create a user account the first time you access this provider's content.
Download Mango app:
MyLibrary! enables patrons to search the catalog, place holds, and check fine status. That is just the beginning. Other new features include:
- A convenient social media feed;
- One click access to the library’s online calendar;
- Ability to store your library barcode (when you
forget your library card but not your phone/device);
- Check out e-books and e-audios directly from Overdrive, directly from the app;
- Scanning the ISBN of any book to automatically search the library’s catalog – if the title is available, you can even immediately place a hold on it.
Download MyLibrary! app:
Unlimited access to articles in NYTimes.com is available to library card holders at the Thousand Oaks Library. Create a New York Times user account to save an article, receive newsletters, alerts or recommendations. The Thousand Oaks Library card offers 24-hour full access to NYTimes.com. Follow these steps to log in:
- Open a web browser.
- Click on the remote access link.
- Click “Redeem” to get 24 hours of continuous access.
- Register with your personal email address, or click on “log in here” if you have already created an account.
The 24-hour pass is renewable after expiration. Repeat Step 2 for another 24 hours of remote access.
Download NYtimes app:
Mobile apps are available for smartphones and tablets. The apps are used to search for printing locations and to print. There are apps available for iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Nook.
Please use the linked documentation to print from the following supported devices:
Enjoy thousands of the best-loved newspapers and magazines at your fingertips. Experience our award-winning app on your smartphones, tablets, and eReaders. Life is short—read on the run with the PressReader app. To access outside the library, log in using your library card number and PIN. Create an account with an email address and password. (This registration will associate your email address with the library subscription, permitting continuous PressReader access for 7 days. After 7 days, go to www.tolibrary.org/pressreader to log in to your account for another 7-day session.)
Download PressReader app:
ReferenceUSA (see Data Axle Reference Solutions)
An online collection of animated picture books , including non-fiction, read-alongs, and books in Spanish.
TumbleBookLibrary subscribers can download and install the app on all of their devices! With a single sign-on per device, they’ll be signed in for months! All you need is a device and an internet connection.
Get the app for: