A few things to look for in our new catalog
- User-Friendly Design – The interface is intentionally clean and simple so that you can easily find what you need.
- Combined Formats and Editions – Print, large print, eBook, and eAudiobook formats will be displayed together when you search for a title of the same work, making it easy to select the desired format.
- Display Resources, Authors, and Topics – The new catalog allows you to browse for books, video games, movies, etc., on the same topic you just searched for or related topics that might also interest you.
- Manage your Account and Create Custom Lists – Sign in to view your account, check due dates, renew online, or manage your physical and ebook holds. In Vega, you can bookmark items and use them as a reading list, book club possibilities, and things your family might like—for any reason.
- Website Accessibility – Whether you use a screen reader or other assistive technology, our new catalog is designed to meet accessibility guidelines.
- Smart Search – Use the Topics to find pertinent or connected topics to narrow or expand your subjects.
- Check out the videos below on how to use these new features.
Learn About the New Catalog Basic Functions
Log in to Your Account
Edit Your Account
How to Place Hold
Frequently Asked Questions
Type your search next to the orange square, where you see the word “Search.” Type words from the title, author or concept you are looking for. Vega is not case-sensitive, so it makes no difference whether you capitalize search terms or not. To limit your search to Author, Concept or Title, click on “All” on the right and click on the menu for the type of search you want.
The fine payments in Vega Discover is not available until further notices. Please continue to pay fines in person at the circulation desk or call us at (805) 449-2660 if you have any questions.
Click , then enter your library card number and PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, use the Forgot Your PIN? link to reset it. You must have an existing email in your library account to reset PIN.
Please contact the Library if you need further assistance.
- Log in to your Library account.
- Search for the title.
- Select the desired format tab.
- Click the Edition information link. Select the edition you wish to request a hold.
This feature is currently under development. Please check this FAQ later.
- Live Chat - Click on the left slide-out tab to start chatting. Available Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5 p.m.
- Ask us via SMS - Text your question to (805) 253-2906. Text the word HOURS to get the Library's hours of operation.
- Ask us by phone - Call us at (805) 449-2660 option 5. We will answer your question Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ask us by email- Submit your questions using a question form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Book a Librarian - Get help with more in-depth tutoring. Appointments for Book a Librarian are available: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with 30-45 minutes each session. Book a Librarian sessions are a great way to get answers to specific questions about Microsoft Office, apps, email, ebooks, social media, and library eResources. Learn More