Thousand Oaks, CAHome Menu
New Catalog Experience
We are excited to announce the Vega Discover catalog, a new discovery experience for print and electronic resources.
A few things to look for in our new Catalog
- User-Friendly Design – The interface is intentionally clean and simple so that you can easily find what you need.
- Combined Formats and Editions – Print, large print, eBook, and eAudiobook formats will be displayed together when you search for a title of the same work, making it easy to select the desired format.
- Display Resources, Authors, and Topics – The new catalog offers virtual shelf browsing under "Showcase". Showcases will show books, video games, or movies on the same topic you just searched for or related topics that might also interest you.
- Manage your Account and Create Custom Lists – Sign in to view your account, check due dates, renew online, or manage your physical and ebook holds. In Vega, you can bookmark items and use them as a reading list, book club possibilities, and things your family might like—for any reason. Under My Bookshelf you can personalize your bookmarked lists, view your reading history, or saved searches. To keep a reading history, users must opt-in for this feature. Go to My Bookshelf, select Profile, and Edit Profile to check the option Keep Reading History.
- Website Accessibility – Whether you use a screen reader or other assistive technology, our new catalog is designed to meet accessibility guidelines.
- Smart Search – If you search for a broad topic, Vega displays relevant resources in a visually attractive panel called the Concept page. For example, if you enter global warming in the search bar, Vega displays a link to the Concept page for global warming. On the Concept page, you'll find a description of the concept and links to related resources, persons, and topics. The Concept page also provides icons to save the concept to My Bookshelf and send a link to the concept using email.
Check out the videos below on how to use these new features.
Learn About the New Catalog Basic Functions
Log in to Your Account
Edit Your Account
How to Place Hold
There are plenty of help resources to guide you through Vega Discover. Simply click the Help icon in the upper right corner of the Vega Discover screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
The preview of Vega Discover was scheduled for September 7, 2022. We invite you to give the new Vega Discover a try. The new catalog will replace the current catalog in 2023.
Type your search next to the orange square, where you see the word “Search.” Type words from the title, author or concept you are looking for. Vega is not case-sensitive, so it makes no difference whether you capitalize search terms or not. To limit your search to Author, Concept or Title, click on “All” on the right and click on the menu for the type of search you want.
Click , then enter your library card number and PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, use the Forgot Your PIN? link to reset it. You must have an existing email in your library account to reset PIN.
Please contact the Library if you need further assistance.
Both Encore and Vega catalogs should show the same hold requests, checked-out items, and fine/fee in MY ACCOUNT. Click on My BookShelf at the bottom of Vega Discover to view the details after a successful sign-in.
- Log in to your Library account.
- Search for the title.
- Select the desired format tab.
- Click the Edition information link. Select the edition you wish to request a hold.
My List in the previous catalog will migrate to the new catalog. This feature is currently under development. Please check this FAQ later.
To save a title from your search result, click on the icon. Log into your Library account to create a list of titles. To retrieve a previously saved list, click on the blue “Bookmarks” tab at the bottom of the screen.
Yes, MyLibrary! app will continue to work independently.