What is Market Research?
Thousand Oaks Library does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this video.
Databases (Library card is required to access the databases outside the library.)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Actual business plans compiled by, and aimed at, entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses. Presents sample plans taken from businesses in the manufacturing, retail and service industries which serve as examples of how to approach, structure and compose business plans.
- General OneFile (Gale)
Full-text articles from magazines, journal and scholarly publications about market research.
Information on over 10 million US businesses. A good resource for compiling and downloading lists of businesses based on a variety of criteria.
- Small Business Reference Center
Small Business Marketing 101
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
Gale Courses offers a wide range of interactive courses that can be taken entirely over the Internet. All courses are free and led by expert instructors. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. (5 free courses per calendar year)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad fields of labor economics and statistics.
- BusinessUSA: Search International Market Research by industry, region, country and report type.
- Edward Lowe Entrepreneur's Resource Center: Entrepreneur’s Resource Center. Hundreds of articles and briefs about market research.
- MarketResearch.com: "The leading provider of market research reports and industry analysis on products, markets, companies, industries, and countries worldwide."
- Marketing Virtual Library is one of the most comprehensive sources of marketing information on the Internet for those involved in marketing, advertising, selling, promotion and e-commerce.
- SBA.gov: U. S. Small Business Administration provides information on how to do your market research.
- U.S. Census Bureau: One source for current population data and the latest Economic Indicators.
- What is Market Research: provides knowledge base categories for market research.