The Library is looking for responsible teens aged 13+ to help out with:
- Homework Help – Help tutor after school students K-8
- Online Volunteer Opportunities – Various as needed
- Special Events & Programs – as needed for specific projects at the Library
- Reading Buddies – Read with children grades 1-4 to help them improve their reading
- Crafts – help with craft projects for the Children’s Department
FOR NEW TEEN VOLUNTEERS - Help may be needed at both the Thousand Oaks Grant R. Brimhall Library or the Newbury Park Library. To apply to be a Library Teen Volunteer please fill out the Online Application Form . Our Volunteer Coordinator, Judi Bumstead will contact you regarding availability, required orientations and if additional paperwork that may be required.
FOR CURRENT TEEN VOLUNTEERS - If you have already registered in CERVIS as a Library Volunteer, you can review and apply for our Current Available Volunteer Opportunities and apply to participate in projects. We are always looking for Homework Help volunteers throughout the year, so please volunteer your time if you can help with this project.