Everything your book group needs for a lively discussion,
now available in a single box.
The Thousand Oaks Library’s Book Club in a Box program quickly gets great literature into the hands of your book group members, so time is spent reading and discussing books rather than searching and waiting for books.
Book Club in a Box kits contain ten (10) copies of a single title, discussion questions (when available), an author biography, and a group member sign-up sheet to help keep track of books.
For more information about the borrowing policy and for a complete list of the Book Club in a Box titles, ask at the Library Reference Desk, or look for information on the Library website. With 41 titles available, it’s enough to keep your club reading all year long.
Download a printer-friendly copy of our Book Club in a Box Information Sheet.
- Borrower must have a Thousand Oaks Library card.
- The kit will be checked out on the library card of the person picking up the kit. That patron is responsible for the kit and all of its contents.
- The loan period is eight (8) weeks and cannot be renewed.
- Hold cannot be placed online for Book Club in a Box.
To request a Book Club in a Box, contact The Reference Desk at (805) 449-2660, option 4.
(The book title links are for viewing book summary only, not for placing hold for Box Club in the Box.)
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
- Anything is Possible by Elizabeth Strout
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Sijie Dai
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate*
- The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
- Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- Crossing The Line by Kareem Rosser *
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Grandma Gatewood’s Walk by Ben Montgomery *
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
- The Honey Bus by Meredith May *
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford *
- The Imperfectionist by Tom Rachman
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- Maine by Courtney Sullivan
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
- News of the World by Paulette Jiles *
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt *
- Rocket Men by Robert Kurson *
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Sing, Unburied Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris
- Three Junes by Julia Glass
- The Trust by Ronald H. Balson
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- When the Emperor was Divine by Julie Otsuka
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
*"One City One Book" selections
This program is generously supported by the Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library.