Grant R. Brimhall Teen Space
In the month of February, come make a variety of Lego Hearts in the Teen Space for Teens to help decorate the area. For Middle and High School students only.
Grant R. Brimhall Library - Teen Space
Sat., Feb. 1, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Sun., Feb. 2, 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 4, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thurs., Feb. 6, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tues., Feb. 25, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thurs., Feb. 27, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Newbury Park Library - Lobby
Wed., Feb. 5, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wed., Feb. 26, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Make custom buttons by drawing your own design or with discarded book pages.
*For Middle and High School students
College Applications & Helpful Resources
Come to the Grant R. Brimhall Library’s Teen Space to finish your College Applications. Find a college application resources display, quiet areas to concentrate, great Wi-Fi and all the Library’s resources to help you with your college application process.
Art Show • Redesign a Book Cover
Re-design a book cover for an existing book. Submit as many designs as you wish. Approved Book Cover designs will be displayed at the Library and entered into a raffle to receive a prize. More entries and more chances to win. Submit each Re-Design with this entry form to the Library Information Desk.
ENTER ASAP - Entries accepted between NOW and February 29, 2020.
- All contestants must be in Middle School OR High School
- Entries will NOT be returned
- Book Cover Art design must be your own original creative idea and artwork. Inappropriate use of another’s artwork or trademark may result in disqualification.
- Approved Book Covers may be displayed at the Library, website, or social media.
- Submitting a re-design of a book cover does NOT mean that the publisher will re-design that book’s cover.
* Submission of this form constitutes a release to reprint, distribute and display the Thousand Oaks Library.
Book Cover Puzzles
*For Middle and High School Students
Come to the Library to solve puzzles based on different book covers.
Thousand Oaks Reads
Kickoff for Thousand Oaks Reads
The Honey Bus by Meredith May
Saturday, February 29, 2020
1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Grant R. Brimhall Library Community Room
Newbury Park High School Orchestra performs Flight of the Bumblebee and other songs. (Orchestra performance at 2:00 p.m.)
For more information visit the Thousand Oaks Library or www.thousandoaksreads.org