Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library
The Friends of the Thousand Oaks Library (FTOL) provides financial support for enhancements to library collections, sponsors special educational and cultural programs, and provides volunteer assistance where needed.
The Friends were the primary fundraisers for the Children's Mural, the grand piano and the saltwater aquarium. They sponsor the popular Used Book Sales, the Friendly Book Discussion group, Summer Reading Club programs, Author appearances, and the Courtyard Serenade music series. The FTOL is a major sponsor of the "One City, One Book, Thousand Oaks Reads" events since Fall 2007.
Three ways of shopping:
In-Person - Friends’ Bookshop shelves in both libraries are filled with a wide, ever-changing variety of gently loved books in great condition.
Online - The Friends’ Amazon Marketplace storefront lets you shop for that special title right from your phone, your tablet or your desktop.
Online – The Friends also maintain an eBay storefront with specialty books, collector sets and other unique items. Check it out.
If you have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The FTOL is accepting donations at both libraries.
- Donations are accepted at the Grant R. Brimhall Library ONLY during the library open hours.
- The Newbury Park Library Book Donation drops are open and donations are accepted during the library open hours.
Friends’ financial support of the Thousand Oaks Library to date has made possible the sponsorship of:
- 3,600-gallon aquarium in the Grant R. Brimhall Library
- Spanish language books
- Early childhood literacy computers
- One City, One Book program
- Children’s mural
- Special programs featuring musicians, musical and dance groups, storytellers and authors
- Cultural tours
- Summer reading programs for children and teens
- Book discussion groups, and more!