- Expert reporting and analysis from Washington and around the world, including award-winning investigative coverage and editorial commentary
- Real-time Q&A Discussions providing a behind the scenes look at key stories
- Live-streaming of Washington Post Live events, where top-level government and business leaders, emerging voices and newsmakers discuss the most pressing national and global issues of the day
Unlimited access to articles in The Washington Post online is available to library card holders at the Thousand Oaks Library. Create a Washington Post user account to save an article, receive newsletters, alerts or recommendations.
Inside the Library
- Connect to the Library's WiFi network or use the Library Internet Stations.
- Access Washingtonpost.com without being prompted to login/subscribe while in the Library.
Offsite/Remote access (new instruction starting 9/26/2023)
Please follow the following steps:
- Click The Washington Post Online.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Create an account
- If you already have an account, you will receive a one-time sign-in link. The link expires in 24 hours.
- Once signed in, click "OK, LET'S GO."
- Once you've created an account, you'll be taken to a "Thanks for signing up" page which tells you "You can now enjoy The Washington Post free" for seven days. Click "Continue to today's news" to start enjoying access.
After 7 days, simply log in to The Washington Post Online and sign in with the username and password you originally created.
You can sign in with the same username and password for WashingtonPost.com apps below:
There are some situations that will result in an error message:
- You already have a washingtonpost.com account set up and you try to login on the "Sign Up" screen.
- You try to login on the "Log In" screen and you don't have an washingtonpost.com account yet.
- You already have a paid digital subscription to washingtonpost.com associated with your email address.
- You currently have a remote pass activated (if your 7 days isn't up yet.)