Need homework help?
Homework Help @ Your Library
For students in Kindergarten through 8th grade
September 17, 2018 - May 31, 2019
(Closed on all CVUSD holidays & breaks)
Mondays: 3 - 5 p.m. & Tuesdays: 2 - 4 p.m.
Newbury Park Library Meeting Room
Wednesdays & Thursdays: 3 - 5 p.m.
Grant R. Brimhall Library Community Room
Need help with homework? Want to improve your math or reading skills? Don’t know much about history? Get homework help from volunteers at the Grant R. Brimhall Library and Newbury Park Library. Parents must stay in the library. Library staff and Homework Helpers are not responsible for supervision. See Homework help guide for details.
Not affiliated with Conejo Valley Unified School District.
*Please email volunteer coordinator, Judi Bumstead if you are interested in becoming a volunteer Homework coach.
Download flyer [PDF]
- BrainFuse HelpNow! - Live online help from expert tutors from 1-10 p.m. (Kindergarten and up).
- Britannica Annals of American History- American history from 1493 to the present including original speeches, poems, interviews, and writings of more than 1,500 influential authors in multiple formats. Topics include American democracy, education, business and labor, and the arts.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online for Young Adults - The classic encyclopedia, recreated online with content including animation, sound files, video clips, daily updates, and content from current periodicals
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online for Kids- For students K-8, includes thousands of articles, images, videos, and related content to research virtually any topic. Other resources include subject Browse, Animal Kingdom, and World Atlas.
- Homework Help Links - Websites and Databases selected by Librarians just for homework help.
- Learning Express Library - Comprehensive online platform of career and academic resources.
- ScienceFlix - Includes curriculum-driven resources, interactive features, and an easy to use interface for students in grades 4 through 9. Read information about science topics, watch videos, create projects, take quizzes, and more.
- Student Resources in Context - History, Science, Literature, and other core subjects are covered in millions of periodical and newspaper articles, primary source entries, multimedia records, and other materials.
- World Book Online Reference Center - Full-text access to the encyclopedia, including the Spanish edition. Access to an online dictionary.
- ACT Student -The creator of the ACT offers many different forms of practice for the ACT including a guide, a complete practice test, online preparation, and an ACT question of the day emailing service.
- Collegeboard - The creator of the SAT and SAT subject tests offers practice for the SAT made directly from the source. Users can also sign up for the SAT question of the day. A SAT problem every day to keep them ready to take the test.
- Khan Academy - Comprehensive courses in all subjects for all levels of education, including test prep for ACT, PSAT, and SAT. Courses are taught by an instructor through a video.
- Learning Express Library - College test prep center with preparation tutorials for tests including the SAT, AP's, the ACT, the PSAT, college essay writing, and the TOEFL iBT test.