The Thousand Oaks Library Wi-Fi Hotspot Lending Service provides free Internet access to Wi-Fi-enabled devices through a cellular network. Internet Service depends on the availability of the various cellular networks where the hotspot is being used. You can use the Wi-Fi Hotspot to connect to a total of 15 Wi-Fi capable devices.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older and in good library standing to borrow a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Patrons are limited to one (1) hotspot per account.
- Items can be checked out for two (2) weeks.
- Wi-Fi hotspot units are eligible for automatic renewal up to two times, however, if there are holds on the hotspots, they will not be renewed.
- Hotspots will be deactivated 3 days after their due date.
- Do not tamper with the unit for any reason.
- Users are encouraged to follow safe Internet practices.
- Download Wifi Hotspot T9 User Guide
- Download Wifi Hotspot LINKZONE 2 User Guide
Fines and Liability
- The Hotspot Kit replacement cost is $80 plus a processing fee.
- The Hotspot Charger replacement cost is $9.
- The Hotspot Case replacement cost is $16.
- All components of the hotspot kit must be returned in order to be considered fully checked-in.
- Hotspot Kits MUST be returned to a Circulation Desk, DO NOT put the hotspot kits in a book drop.