Most circulating materials may be auto-renewed two times for half the original circulation period. Manual renewals are possible only within 4 days of the due date.
Items cannot be renewed if they are:
- Items with a hold or outstanding request.
- Items that have reached their renewal limit, two times for most materials.
- Accounts with fees that exceed $20.
- Expired accounts.
- Digital items, such as eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies/music.
- Non-renewable materials such as Book Club in a Box, or per day use materials such as Feature DVDs or Blu-Ray discs.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items.
How to Renew Materials
Library cardholders may renew their own materials online. All materials may be renewed one time except for materials with “Holds,” and Feature Film DVDs.
Follow these steps to renew your own materials:
1. Login to My Account
2. Select the Checkouts button from the options on the left side of the page.
3. Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes in the RENEW column and then click the Renew Marked button
4. You will be asked if you would like to proceed with the renewal. Click the YES button to proceed.
5. If any of the items you selected are not renewable, a message will appear on the screen. If the renewal is successful, a new due date will appear in the STATUS column. Always check the STATUS column for the due date of your materials. Renewal period will be half of the time of the original checkout. All renewable items may be renewed within 4 days before the item is due.
PLEASE NOTE: Patrons remain responsible for fees charged for lost or damaged items. Items not returned within 30 days of their due date will go to billed status and patrons will be billed for the item’s replacement cost plus a $3 processing fee. For your convenience, fines can be paid online. Please see Fee Payment for more details.