Filtered Internet access at designated research workstations is available at both the Grant R. Brimhall Library and the Newbury Park Branch Library. Patrons are welcome to access the Internet in the library under the following conditions and restrictions. Failure to comply with these restrictions will result in the immediate loss of library Internet privileges.
Users are required to be sensitive to the public nature of shared facilities and may not display sexually explicit, violent, or hate-related graphics or images on library Internet workstations, or personal wireless capable devices.
The Library does not monitor and has no control over the content of the Internet. User discretion is advised. Each user is solely responsible for evaluating the validity and usefulness of information found on the Internet and the Library has no liability or responsibility arising from access to or use of Internet resources.
Internet users must not:
- Transfer or download programs and executable files to library workstations.
- Violate U.S. Copyright laws.
- Load personal software onto library workstations.
- Use the Internet workstations or the library's network for any illegal activity or to harass others.
- Tamper with library Internet equipment or exploit gaps in system security.
- Gain access to unauthorized resources or entities.
- Invade anyone's personal privacy.
To protect your privacy, Internet users must log off at the end of their Internet session.
To log off, click on the "Restart PC" button in the upper right corner of the screen.
The library reserves the right to investigate any improper use of shared computing resources.
Due to the high volume of computer users, if a computer user leaves the Internet workstation area for more than 10 minutes during an open session, the session may be closed and the computer made available to another user. Unattended belongings left at computer workstations may be transferred to Lost and Found.