Titles are available for purchase from http://www.mcfarlandbooks.com. Downloading content from sources other than Mcfarland or the Thousand Oaks Library Special Collections page may harm your computer. Please contact Special Collections Department at 805-449-2660 ext.7328 if you need further assistance.
Television Series and Specials Scripts, 1946-1992
Radio Series Scripts, 1930-2001
- 2015 update of scripts acquired after the publication of the books in 2006 (radio) and 2009 (TV). Download [PDF]
- Radio and TV Magazines Index Download [PDF]
- Published Sheet Music from the Rudy Vallee Collection Download [PDF]
Special Collections Online Databases
- American Radio Archives - Scripts - Use this to search for radio and television scripts that we have processed since the publication of our books. This resource is updated more frequently than the pdf version of the index. (Last update January 2017)
- Broadcasting Photographs - Use this database to find photographs in our Broadcasting Collection. This is an index only, it does not link to digital images of the photos. These photos are available to view at the Thousand Oaks Library. A selection of the 1924 KGO photographs can be seen on Conejo Through the Lens, in the American Radio Archives album.
- Rudy Vallee Collection - Published Sheet Music - Use this to search for published sheet music found in the Vallee Collection.
- Radio Magazine Database - The Radio Magazine Database indexes information found in the Radio and TV magazines held in the American Radio Archives at the Thousand Oaks Library. This database is a work in progress so check back for updates, as more magazines are indexed, and new materials are added to the collections.
Using the databases:
- Use the pull down menu to search only selected fields.
- The first screen that appears when logging in to database is a grid with all of the current records.
- The default search "Quick Search" will keyword search across all fields.
- You can sort the database or results by any field.
- You can export the data you find, see “File” commands at the upper left.