Allin Slate Collection
Allin Slate pioneered the sports talk show format on KABC radio in Los Angeles in the 1960s. His career began in the 1940s and included a period of work in Honolulu. He returned to his native Los Angeles and worked at KIEV, KABC, and KNX. This collection contains approximately 2 boxes of papers and over 400 open reel audiotapes. The audiotapes include:
- recordings of Slate's broadcasts
- his programs with co-hosts Leo Durocher and Jimmy Piersall
- recordings of post-game interviews and press conferences with athletes, and luncheons at the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Association.
This collection also includes:
- typescripts used in Slate's broadcasts
- publicity material related to his shows