Finance and Investing in Under an Hour
Thousand Oaks Library does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information's, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this video.
Databases (Library card is required to access the databases outside the library.)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Topic overview on Personal Financial Planning from Encyclopedia of Business and Finance.
- General OneFile (Gale)
Full-text articles from magazines, journal and scholarly publications about all aspects of personal investment.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center
Stock, mutual funds, company info, industry info etc. Investing for the Long Run - A free guide with strategies and solutions to help you shape up your personal finances. 119 pages [PDF]
Information on over 10 million US businesses. A good resource for compiling and downloading lists of businesses based on a variety of criteria.
- Small Business Reference Center
Provides up-to-date information on starting, operating and managing a business including an informative Small Business Start-Up Kit.
- Personal Finance
Gale Courses offers a wide range of interactive courses that can be taken entirely over the Internet. All courses are free and led by expert instructors. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. (5 free courses per calendar year)
- Print copies available in the Thousand Oaks Library. Financial information about publicly traded companies, plus industry analysis. This resource provides information on stocks, mutual funds, options, and convertibles.
- Kaufman Foundation: Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation with over $2 billion assets under management. The foundation primarily focuses on entrepreneurship and education
- FINRA: Provides various financial calculators, as well as direct links to daily updated market data for stocks, bonds and mutual funds. In addition, investors may research the professional background of investment professionals and firms.
- The Green Money Online Guide: Socially responsible investing information
- Investor Home: Personal investor resource guide. Quick links to popular sites.
- The Investor's Clearinghouse: Provides educational materials and non-commercial investment information for people of all ages. Topics include financial markets, scams, different types of investing and where to turn for help.
- Investopedia: In addition to being a business dictionary containing investment terms, this resource also provides articles along with tutorials designed for the different levels of investor knowledge.
- Investing in Bonds: Covers the basics and varieties of bonds.
- Kiplinger: Has long been a mainstay for independent advice and education in the areas of investment and personal finance. This website offers current news, quotes, charts, company financials, SEC filings, investment tutorials and more. Premium services require paid subscriptions.